At Emergency Services Marketing Corp., Inc. and applicable subsidiaries or affiliates (“ESMC”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the IamResponding.com (“IaR”) products, services, and websites offered by ESMC (collectively, the “Services”).
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Privacy Matters, c/o Emergency Services Marketing Corp., Inc., P.O. Box 93, Dewitt, New York 13214.
Information that we collect and how we use it
To provide our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
• User Data that you provide – When you register as a member of a department, agency, or team (a “Unit”) that has subscribed to one or more of our Services, we ask for User Data (such as name, telephone numbers, text message number, email address, and a password). Additional custom fields may be created by your Unit. We do not monitor the creation of custom fields. Some User Data (such as your name) is necessary for the proper use and functionality of the system within your Unit in fulfillment of the Permitted Purpose. Your Unit has discretion to create custom fields and make User Data available to us (pursuant to the Permitted Purpose), to the Unit’s internal systems administrators, and other designated members of the Unit. Unit is responsible for ensuring that internal systems administrators or other designated members have appropriate permissions for the corresponding User Data made available to them.
• User Data that is provided by your Unit – Your Unit that has subscribed to one or more of our Services may provide us with User Data (such as names, telephone numbers, text message numbers, email address, and a password). Your Unit may also provide us with additional User Data in custom fields that they create within your member profile. While many of the fields are non-mandatory, failure to provide corresponding information may restrict our ability to provide Services pursuant to the Permitted Purpose.
• Log information – When you use our Services, our servers may record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
• Location information – When you use a location-enabled Service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. This may include data such as current location, speed of travel and/or direction of travel. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. Location-enabled Services can be disabled by disabling location services within your device, through your account settings within the application, or through your Unit’s administrator settings, as applicable.
• User communications – Email messages, text messages, dispatch messages, or other inbound or outbound messages through the Services are retained in order to process your communications, provide future reporting for you, to respond to your requests and to improve our Services.
Choices for User Data
You can decline to share certain User Data, however this may render certain Services inoperable to you. Your User Data is visible, editable, and removable by you on your member profile page within the Services. If your Unit does not provide you access to that member profile page, then the data on that profile page may be obtained by contacting us directly, in writing, to request a copy. Other User Data may also be included in other sections of the Services, such as reports of incidents you have responded to, your credentials, your duty schedule, etc. User Data is only ever submitted, edited, or deleted by you or your Unit. We are not responsible for submitted User Data.Where laws governing data rights may apply to you and ESMC, we will comply with requests pursuant to those rights to the extent we are required to under applicable law.
You must provide affirmative consent for ESMC to have the ability to share your User Data in a manner not pursuant to the Permitted Purpose.
We utilize industry-standard security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. This includes internal reviews of our data collection, storage, processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems that store User Data.
We restrict access to User Data to ESMC employees, contractors and agents who need to have access to that data pursuant to the Permitted Purpose. Individuals who fail to meet their obligations may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution.
You and/or your Unit are responsible for updating, correcting, and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of your User Data.
Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our treatment of User Data by writing to us at Privacy Matters, c/o Emergency Services Marketing Corp., Inc., P.O. Box 93, Dewitt, New York 13214-0093, USA. We may contact you in regards to any received questions or concerns.
Changes to this policy
We may update or modify this Policy from time to time. Please check this Policy periodically for changes via the ESMC website. Modifications are effective upon publication. Continued use of our Services following such modifications will be deemed your acceptance of the modified Policy. Disputes arising under this Policy will be resolved in accordance with the version of this Policy that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time at Privacy Matters, c/o Emergency Services Marketing Corp., Inc., P.O. Box 93, Dewitt, New York 13214- 0093, USA.
Last revised: 9.25.2023 Last prior revisions: 12.8.2020; 4.12.2013; 2.1.2010